Gawler Real Estate
What is the average price of a house in South Australia?
“The latest data from the Real Estate Institute of South Australia (REISA) showed that the South Australian property market “has continued to show its resilience and strength”. Posting a record median price of $600,000 in the March quarter of 2023, it’s a rise of 9.09 per cent on the same time 12 months prior”.5 June 2023
What is the population of Gawler?
According to the 2021 census Gawler has 24,988 People living in this Suburb – with 12073 being Male and 12,916 being female.
What is the oldest country town in South Australia?
Gawler is often considered one of the oldest country towns in South Australia, but it is not the absolute oldest. The title of the oldest country town in South Australia is often attributed to places like Glenelg and Holdfast Bay, which were settled in 1836, just a few months after the colony’s proclamation.
Gawler, established in 1839, is still one of the oldest country towns in the state and holds significant historical importance due to its early establishment and role in South Australia’s history.
Gawler Real Estate History
Gawler, South Australia, has a rich history, including in the realm of real estate. Here is a brief overview of Gawler’s real estate history:
1. Early Settlement: Gawler was founded in 1839, making it one of the earliest towns established in South Australia. It was named after George Gawler, the second Governor of South Australia. Early land grants and sales played a significant role in shaping the town’s development.
2. Land Sales and Allotments: As with many early Australian settlements, land sales and allotments were crucial for the growth of Gawler. The South Australian government offered land to settlers at various price points, which attracted a diverse group of people to the area.
3. Growth and Expansion: Gawler experienced steady growth throughout the 19th century. The town’s real estate market played a pivotal role in accommodating newcomers and supporting the town’s expansion. This growth was driven by factors like agriculture, mining, and the arrival of the railway in the mid-19th century.
4. Historical Architecture: Gawler is known for its well-preserved historical architecture, including many heritage-listed buildings. These properties often play a significant role in the town’s real estate market, attracting buyers interested in historical and character homes.
5. Suburban Development: In the 20th century, Gawler experienced suburban development as it became a commuter town for people working in nearby Adelaide. Subdivisions and residential real estate development became prominent during this period.
6. Real Estate Services: Real estate agencies and services have been an integral part of Gawler’s history, providing assistance to buyers and sellers throughout the years.
Today, Gawler’s real estate market continues to evolve, reflecting the town’s historical charm, its status as a regional center, and the changing needs of its residents. The market includes a mix of historical homes, modern developments, and properties catering to various lifestyles and preferences.
Additionally, the town’s real estate industry plays a vital role in supporting both residents and newcomers who seek to call Gawler home.
Angle Vale Real Estate
With Angle Vale being right next door, we’re uniquely positioned to handle all your property requirements. Trust us to help you find your dream property or expertly manage your real estate assets.
Gawler Real Estate For Sale
Whether you’re in search of Gawler real estate for sale or looking for Gawler rental properties, rest assured, we’ve got your needs perfectly catered to.
Gawler Real Estate Agents
The Real Estate Agents of Gawler South Australia can easily be found through a Google search.
We have introduced the above title to try and assist our site in being found by the search engine.
At Gawler East Real Estate we’re reshaping industry norms. Let us demonstrate why we’re in a league of our own. Reach out today to experience our unmatched excellence.